This year’s 4th BICON Virtual Conference is hosted on the Changemakers for Children online platform. Changemakers for Children is a social network platform for child rights practitioners. It is a space to exchange knowledge from the frontline on children’s care, protection and wellbeing, and so is the perfect place for this year’s BICON conference. You can learn more about Changemakers for Children here.
Registering for the 4th BICON Virtual Conference
Registering for BICON 2021 is easy, just follow the below steps.
- Firstly, you will need to become a member of the changemakers platform. Fill out the registration form here.
- A moderator will approve your account. Please allow time for this at is a manual process.
- You will receive an email from Changemakers for Children your account has been approved
- Finish setting up your profile
- Go to BICON from the main menu, join the BICON discussion group select the BICON Conference event listings for both day 1 and day 2 then click 'Enrol'. You will receive an email confirmation within days of registration.
- Connect and converse with other conference attendees by joining the BICON discussion group. You can post questions and access conference information and discussions here. Introduce yourself and start connecting with colleagues!
Using Changemakers for Children
Watch the above video for tips on using the platform. All BICON guests can create and share topics (such as news, updates, and resources you would like to share with others) and discussions (pose a question to the community and access expert opinions from your region!). In the BICON group, navigate to the 'Topic' or 'Discussion' tabs to add these, and follow the template. You can also post directly to the stream if you prefer.
We’ve included a few key tips to help you get started:
- Make sure you add details to your profile: Let other users know your expertise and interests so other like-minded people and organisations can connect with you. You can access your profile at anytime by clicking on your profile picture in the top right. Clicking on your picture also gives you the option to change your settings, such as how you would like to receive notifications.
- Navigate to BICON from the main menu. You will land on a dashboard with all the information and events.
- Enroll in the events you would like to attend. See them here.
- Make sure you are part of the BICON discussion group so you can post questions and access conference information and discussions here. When you join the group, introduce yourself and start connecting with colleagues!
- Join a discussion: The latest BICON discussions are available for logged in users here.
- Keep this a safe space: We want to make sure this is a safe space for everyone, including the children we serve through our programmes. The community rules agreed to at sign up are always available to read here. And remember, if you see anything that doesn’t follow our community rules, you can report it - click on the drop down on comments for a reporting option, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started? Sign up to access the full BICON dashboard including events, discussions, and discussion group by registering here.